Proudly Serving Lynnfield, Woburn, Wakefield, MA & The Greater Boston Area
For Erectile Dysfunction, Peyronie's Disease, and Male Enhancement
Erectile Dysfunction (ED), the inability to achieve an erection strong enough for sex, is quite common. Most men will experience an occasional episode of ED at some point, but when it becomes the norm, then it is a health problem and should be taken seriously.
How Common Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Studies show persistent ED affects up to 40% of men over 40, and about 70% by age 70. The cause may be vascular (plaque buildup in arteries), often associated with diabetes or coronary artery disease, neurologic (prostate surgery or penis injury damaging the nerves), hormonal (low testosterone and other hormonal imbalances), drug side effects, or even psychological (performance anxiety or other emotional disturbance).
Regardless of the cause, this is a very distressing condition, causing a man to question his masculinity and affecting his intimate relationships.
What is the P-Shot®?
The P-Shot is a trademarked procedure done by certified physicians to rejuvenate the penis, improving erections, sensitivity, and even increasing penis size (average increase of 7mm length and girth after 1 treatment). The procedure involves producing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) from a sample of your blood and injecting this PRP serum into the penis at several specific areas. The PRP contains many growth factors which activate stem cells in the penis, which then repair old and damaged blood vessels and nerves, thus improving erections and improving penis sensitivity during sex.
P-Shot Vs. Oral Medication
Frequently, a man will be treated with oral medications such as Viagra or Cialis, but these are not always effective, have side effects such as acid reflux, nasal congestion, headaches, interact with other drugs and alcohol, have to be taken in advance of sexual activity, and they don’t always work.
If these drugs are ineffective, a man may be prescribed drugs to be injected into the penis (Tri-mix). These injections are uncomfortable, inconvenient, and can lead to scar tissue buildup in the penis. Eventually, they may stop working as well. As an alternative to these treatments, we offer the P-Shot to the Woburn, Lynnfield, & greater Boston, MA areas.
Who Is A Candidate For The P-Shot?
The P-Shot is ideal for men with any stage of ED (Erectile Dysfunction), and can be combined with oral medications and the sound-wave treatment commonly called Gainswave.
The P-Shot is quite effective for treating Peyronie’s Disease-a scarring of the penis that causes the penis to deform; We recommend Gainswave be combined with the P-Shot for Peyronie’s.
Does The P-Shot Hurt?
The procedure is virtually painless as we use a skin numbing gel before the procedure and use targeted anesthetic injections to numb the penis.
When Can I Expect to See Results From The P-Shot?
Maximal results are seen 6-8 weeks after the procedure.
How Long Do Results From The P-Shot Last?
What Other Erectile Dysfuction Treatments Are Available?
Erectile Dysfunction Implant In Woburn, MA
Finally, a man may be advised to have a penile implant inserted. In this surgery, the penis is cut open and the internal parts are removed and replaced with silicone balloons that must be inflated with a pump to have sex.
P-Shot for Erectile Dysfunction & Peyronie’s References
For a first-hand account of the P-Shot in Mens Health, also by Ben Greenfield, please click here.
For an account of the P-Shot increasing penis size in a wounded veteran, please click here.
- Safety and feasibility of platelet rich fibrin matrix injections for treatment of common urologic conditions
- Evaluation of the Benefit of Using PRP and Hyaluronic Acid for Peyronie's Disease
- 265 Combined Treatment of Injecting Platelet Rich Plasma With Vacuum Pump for Penile Enlargement
- Effect of platelet rich plasma on the regeneration of cavernous nerve: experiment with rats
- Vasculogenic erectile dysfunction: newer therapeutic strategies.
- PRP and Correction of Penile Curvature (Peyronie's Disease)
- Biotherapies for erectile dysfunction and Peyronie's disease: Where are we now? (Article in French; Use Google Translate to read)
- The Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) as a Supplemental Therapy for the Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Initial Outcomes
- Treating Erectile Dysfunction with a Combination of Low Intensity Shock Waves (LISW) and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- First results of platelet-rich plasma and extracorporeal shockwave therapy combination for Peyronie's disease treatment
- Plasma Rich Platelets and Hyaluronic Acid Improves Peyronie’s Disease: A Case control Study of 75 Cases
- Non-conventional therapies for Peyronie’s disease: what is the evidence for efficacy?